An ode to wedding planning.
I’m going to say this once, post this once, and then maybe only loosely refer to it from here on in.
Mr The Rake and I are engaged.
Tying the knot.
I know some of you already know this. Some of you are thrilled by it. Others of you are shaking your heads at the idea that we would so eagerly be tied down.
To satisfy your curiosity, and because I love talking about it, here’s some information for you -
1. Mr The Rake and I have been together for 6 years. We have lived together for more than 5 those years. To us, a wedding is nothing more than a very public celebration of a commitment we made a long time ago.
2. He did get down on one knee. Without the fanfare, and with a lot of love.
3. I picked my own ring and I love the shit out of it. I’m happy to show it to anyone and everyone, but I won’t be posting it here or on facebook. There’s something that feels a little bit weird about that.
4. We are getting married in September 2014, and got engaged about a month ago.
5. I am thrilled. We both are. And so is the family.
And that’s that. We love each other and we’re getting married. And in my own time I am having a blast putting a wedding together – something that incorporates traditional and totally non-traditional elements, will look like our wedding but will still look like a wedding – it’s hard to be totally original! We’re going to have fun, and I promise that we’ll do it outside of the blog. There will be no ‘wedding’ tab on here. No posts over-run with table setting and seat covers (mostly because I hate seat covers. Also chalkboards and pink flowers).
I am so very happy to talk to any of you about it privately – if you get excited by weddings, drop me a line! I love your emails .
In the meantime, I will accept high fives and virtual hugs.
Now go put on your running shoes!