I rediscovered the internet today. Like, the bits about the internet that I like because they’re about me. I rediscovered the blog.
My absence was nothing but pure overwhelm, and then getting out of the habit, and. Well, kind of like stopping running. I’m told it’s called life.
We do need to get a few things out of the way, you and I.
1. To the bloggers: I am very, very much looking forward to reading your latest over the next few days. I don’t know why writing and reading seem to have gone hand in hand, but the two are very much connected. Post me some highlights in the comments so I can go on a reading binge this week. Also point out new mazing blogs that you love, because there can never be enough.
2. I promise no regularity and no posting schedule right now, except to say that I do intend to post. Relatively frequently.
3. Updates! We have a bridge. I can’t go back to just taking the piss out of
my Mr The Rake’s life without an abridged history of the last few months. On the other hand, I’ve totally lost where we’re up to with Jenelle’s runner baby bump, and CandyFit‘s distance running vs figure comps, and all the people who ran marathons over the Christmas period, and, and, well everything. I feel like the blogs are mini-soap-operas, and I do love a touch of the dramatic!
Last time I wrote, Mr The Rake and I had become engaged. And I had promised not to post about napkins and choosing invitations. never fear. It turns out weddings are actually ridiculous. So it’s planned, it will happen later this year, and having now read up on proper etiquette, I still don’t get why email invitations and plastic cutlery aren’t a thing.
So here you go – us smiling an toasting and doing what couples do when they get engaged and people celebrate.
AND, of noteworthy things to discuss, I have eaten much chocolate. Mr The Rake may be near the chocolate, but he is not eating it. It’s mine.
Networking cruise. It’s a hard life! (Also totally re-working the engagement party dress).
My ‘little’ tutoring business now has 21 staff members and 85 children, so it’s been taking up plenty of my time! The photo on the left is of a networking cruise. For just a second we’re going to forget that this isn’t how my day actually looks and that the people on the cruise were knobbish jerks who were all ‘business consultants’ thinly veiling their attempts to piggy-back onto an established business. Also they served cold pizza hut pizzas. Also we couldn’t get OFF for 4 hours.
I run – really. But nowhere near as far as I used to. Run with Kate has become a little more balanced, and now also includes ‘resistance training with Kate’ an ‘the art of elliptical with Kate’ and ‘eating chocolate with Kate’.
I am wearing the red top and am clearly the superior lunger. My mum would be super proud (I’m not sure what of, but I’m pretty sure it’s a Mum’s job to be proud).
You’ll notice no races in the past few months. I’m branching out! I did join a choir. Also a netball team. Also a swing dancing class. And I tried my hand at knitting…but drinking is still more fun.
And here’s what I’m excited about in returning to the land of the runner/blogger – reading and writing for pleasure. Real photos. Real people. Real stuff. Real stuff-ups. There are plenty of reviews and trials and contributions an all the fun stuff, but really, I’m excited about being back in this community of runners, fit-nuts, self-improvers. Nowhere in life do you meet so many dedicate,d goal-oriented, healthy people.
1. Some suggestions on blogs and blog posts to read please!
2. Have you ever eaten an entire chocolate fondue (I really did. And I really did feel ill).
3. What are your other random hobbies outside of running/gyming/fitenssing?